The OTRS AG endeavors to ensure accessibility of its web application OTRS 8 in accordance with German legislation. The legal basis is the German Act on Equal Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities (Behindertengleichstellungsgesetz, BGG) as well as the Accessible Information Technology Ordinance (Barrierefreie Informationstechnik-Verordnung, BITV 2.0) as amended. This accessibility statement is applicable to the web application OTRS 8 stating the OTRS AG as the editor in the legal notice section.
OTRS 8 has built-in high contrast themes for users with visual disabilities.
To activate the high contrast themes:
- Open the Personalization menu.
- Select the User Profile menu item.
- In the Style section, select either High Contrast Bright or High Contrast Dark style.
Current Compatibility with Requirements¶
The web application is not fully compatible with the accessibility requirements pursuant to section 3 (1) to (3) and section 4 of the Ordinance on Accessible Information Technology (BITV 2.0).
The following contents of the web application OTRS 8 is not fully accessible for the reasons stated below:
- Success Criterion 1.3.1 Info and Relationships [Level A]
- Fonts marked in bold are displayed with a different font style and controlled with CSS. Not all text fragments are enclosed with
p, but with
- Success Criterion 2.1.1 Keyboard [Level A]
- The calendar in the Grid view cannot be scrolled with the keyboard, but the Agenda and Timeline views work properly.
- Success Criterion 3.2.2 On Input [Level A]
- With some forms (e.g. creating statistics or selecting a process), new form elements are dynamically added below the existing form in the visible area after certain form elements have been selected.
Issuance of This Accessibility Statement¶
This statement was issued on 23 February 2021. The verification of its compliance is based on an BITV self-assessment, which was completed in December 2020.