Use this screen to add competence levels to automatic allocation. The competence level management screen is available in the Competence Levels module of the Ticket Settings group.
Manage Competence Levels¶
When creating a customized list of competence levels, please keep in mind that they are sorted alphabetically in the competence level selection box in the user interface.
To add a competence level:
- Click on the Add Competence Level button in the left sidebar.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Click on the Save button.
Competence levels can not be deleted from the system. They can only be deactivated by setting the Validity option to invalid or invalid-temporarily.
It’s recommended to limit your system to 5 competence levels or less and reuse the current 5 to keep the use of the ticket allocation system.
To edit a competence level:
- Click on a competence level in the list of competence levels.
- Modify the fields.
- Click on the Save or Save and finish button.
If several competence levels are added to the system, use the filter box to find a particular competence level by just typing the name to filter.
Competence Level Settings¶
The following settings are available when adding or editing this resource. The fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
- Name *
- The name of this resource. Any type of characters can be entered to this field including uppercase letters and spaces. The name will be displayed in the overview table.
- Level *
- The level of the competence.
- Validity *
- Set the validity of this resource. Each resource can be used in OTRS only, if this field is set to valid. Setting this field to invalid or invalid-temporarily will disable the use of the resource.