Out of Office¶
This feature add-on ignores out-of-office messages. As a rule, after processing a ticket, a final message is sent to a customer stating that the request has been completed. Then, the ticket is closed. If the message recipient has an out-of-office message turned on, this gets sent back to OTRS as a reply. This causes the closed ticket to be automatically re-opened. An employee must then manually close the ticket again. This can be very time-consuming, especially if you have frequent email traffic.
With the feature add-on, the system stops responding to out-of-office messages, which means tickets are not reopened when these messages are received. You can flexibly configure which out-of-office messages should be ignored.
- Individual configuration that filters out-of-office messages.
- Closed tickets are no longer opened by out-of-office replies.
- Target Groups
- Companies of all sizes with high ticket volumes
- Anyone using out-of-office frequently
- Companies with frequent email traffic
- IT service management
- Customer service
- Service providers
- Available in Service Package
- Package Name in OTRS Package Manager