After installation of the package a new dynamic field type Configuration item will be available for tickets.
This dynamic field can be created the same way as default dynamic fields are created. For this navigate to the Dynamic Fields module of the Processes & Automation group in the administrator interface. In this screen you can select the Configuration Item field from the drop-down lists on the left side.
The usage of dynamic fields and the general dynamic field settings are described in the Dynamic Fields chapter of the administrator manual.
Dynamic Field Settings¶
The following settings are available when adding or editing this resource. The fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
Configuration Item Dynamic Field Settings¶
Dynamic field of type configuration item is used to store configuration items for tickets.
- Filter for configuration item classes to narrow down the list of possible values.
- Deployment State
- Filter for configuration item deployment states to narrow down the list of possible values.
- Incident State
- Filter for configuration item incident states to narrow down the list of possible values.
- Restriction by Interface
- Select if the available configuration items should be restricted by customer ID, by customer user ID or by any other attribute in agent and/or external interface.
- Configuration Item Field
- The name of the configuration item field containing the customer ID, the customer user ID or any other attribute. Usually this is the owner field.
- Value Lookup for Customer ID, Customer User ID or Any Attribute
- Select if the readable value for the customer ID, the customer user ID or any other attribute field should be used for restriction.
If the filters are changed after the configuration item and the ticket has been linked, the link will not be automatically updated.
- Activate this option to allow multiple selection of values.
- Add Empty Value
- Activate this option to create an empty selectable value.
- Tree View
- Activate this option to display values as a tree.
- Translatable Values
If you activate this option the values will be translated to the user defined language.
You need to add the translations manually into the language translation files.
- Activate this option to enable autocompletion for the values.
- Follow CMDB Links
- If you activate this option CMDB items linked to the items set in the Follow Dynamic Field will be displayed as selectable options for this field.
- CMDB Link Settings
Define elements to show for this field if no items are selected in the Follow Dynamic Field. Possible values:
- Does not show any items
- Show regular items
- Follow Dynamic Field
- Dynamic field to follow CMDB links from. This option only works if the setting Restriction by Customer ID or Restriction by Customer User ID is deactivated.
- Follow Dynamic Field Attribute
- The name of the configuration item field containing the dynamic field value.
Do not forget to add the new dynamic field to ticket view screens.