With this feature add-on it is possible to enhance the configuration items in the configuration management database (CMDB) through additional fields and to create links and references between these or other data in OTRS. This can be useful for linking configuration items with each other when there is a dependency relationship between them or to store information regarding linked services and users directly in the configuration item, as well as find this information with a quicker autocomplete search.
The following input fields with autocomplete search can be added:
ReferenceCIfield: a further configuration item.
ReferenceServicefield: a further service.
ReferenceUserfield: a further user.
In the administrator interface, it is possible to create new reference fields under Configuration Items. Then, it is necessary to add the visualization configuration as code for the desired configuration item class. If, for example, a new configuration item is being created in the said class, then the newly added reference field will appear in the form to be filled out. A search for the referenced configuration items using autocomplete can then be carried out, and these can be added. If the new configuration item is updated, an automatic linking to the referenced configuration item is carried out.
- Enhancement of configuration items through additional input fields and additional, system-referenced data.
- Linking of configuration items with each other and with other data in OTRS.
- Quicker autocomplete search for values referenced in configuration item fields.
- Clear visualization of complex dependencies between configuration items and other configuration items, services, and users.
- Target Groups
- Configuration item managers
- Internal and external IT
- Facility management
- Available in Service Package
- Package Name in OTRS Package Manager
This feature add-on requires the Configuration Management feature.