Use this screen to add customer companies to the system. A fresh OTRS installation contains no customers by default. The customer management screen is available in the Customers module of the Users, Groups & Roles group.
Adding or editing a customer is possible only by using database back end. Using external directory services like LDAP will disable the customer management functionality.
To add a customer:
- Click on the Add Customer button in the left sidebar.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Click on the Save button.
Customers can not be deleted from the system. They can only be deactivated by setting the Validity option to invalid or invalid-temporarily.
To edit a customer:
- Click on a customer in the list of customers.
- Modify the fields.
- Click on the Save or Save and finish button.
To find a customer:
- Enter a search term to the search box in the left sidebar.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon in the right part of the field or hit an
If several customers are added to the system, use the search box to find a particular customer. Only the first 1000 customers are listed by default.
The following settings are available when adding or editing this resource. The fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
- Customer ID *
- The internal name of the customer. Should contain only letters, numbers and some special characters.
- Customer *
- The name of this resource. Any type of characters can be entered to this field including uppercase letters and spaces. The name will be displayed in the overview table.
- The street name of the customer.
- The zip code of the customer.
- The headquarter city of the customer.
- The country of the customer. Choose a country from the list.
- The web page or other URL of the customer.
- Add additional information to this resource. It is recommended to always fill this field as a description of the resource with a full sentence for better clarity, because the comment will be also displayed in the overview table.
- Validity *
- Set the validity of this resource. Each resource can be used in OTRS only, if this field is set to valid. Setting this field to invalid or invalid-temporarily will disable the use of the resource.