OTRS can be used as an audit-proof system. In this case deleting closed tickets may not be a good idea. Therefore a feature has been implemented that allows you to archive tickets.
Tickets that match certain criteria can be marked as archived. These tickets are not accessed if an agent do a regular ticket search or run a generic agent job. The system itself does not have to deal with a huge amount of tickets any longer as only the latest tickets are taken into consideration. This can result in a huge performance gain on large systems.
To use the archive feature:
- Go to the System Configuration screen.
- Search for the setting
Ticket::ArchiveSystemand enable the setting.
- Go to the Generic Agent screen.
- Click on the Add job button in the left sidebar.
- Provide a name in the Job Settings section, and select proper options to schedule this job.
- Define the ticket filters in the Select Tickets section. It might be a good idea to only archive those tickets in a closed state that have been closed a few months before.
- In the Update/Add Ticket Attributes section, set the field Archive selected tickets to archive tickets.
- Click on the Save button.
- Run the job. The system will display all tickets which will be archived when executing the generic agent job.
When you search for tickets, the system default is to search tickets which are not archived. If you want to search through archived tickets also, simply add the Archive search filter while defining search criteria.