Use this screen to add roles to the system. A fresh OTRS installation contains no roles by default. The role management screen is available in the Roles module of the Users, Groups & Roles group.
To add a role:
- Click on the Add Role button in the left sidebar.
- Fill in the required fields.
- Click on the Save button.
Roles can not be deleted from the system. They can only be deactivated by setting the Validity option to invalid or invalid-temporarily.
To edit a role:
- Click on a role in the list of roles.
- Modify the fields.
- Click on the Save or Save and finish button.
If several roles are added to the system, use the filter box to find a particular role by just typing the name to filter.
The following settings are available when adding or editing this resource. The fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
- Name *
- The name of this resource. Any type of characters can be entered to this field including uppercase letters and spaces. The name will be displayed in the overview table.
- Validity *
- Set the validity of this resource. Each resource can be used in OTRS only, if this field is set to valid. Setting this field to invalid or invalid-temporarily will disable the use of the resource.
- Add additional information to this resource. It is recommended to always fill this field as a description of the resource with a full sentence for better clarity, because the comment will be also displayed in the overview table.